Tuesday, December 28, 2010



The last year has been an adventure to say the least. Some things went very well but others not so good. I found that someone that I thought was a friend was willing to betray me in a very ugly way, but that others gave me support when I needed it most. What is the phrase "Things that don't kill you make you stronger"? The year came to a close with something that on that day was the last thing that I needed but now it is funny. Here is the Christmas tree - good thing that the table was next to it.





I finished the piece that I was working on in the last post and here it is. I find that people can't resist touching it. The butterfly and some of the leaves are wired and stitched so that they are dimensional.




I am working on a long term project that is one of what I call my insanity pieces. They are things that as you are doing them, you wonder why you thought that starting them was a good idea. They usually take several years to complete but are worth it in the end. This embroidery is by James Christensen, one of my favorite artists. It is called Faith, Hope and Charity and has 32 stitches per inch. I will try to post updates on my progress.


Here is the original painting and here is how I am progressing. .

No comments:

Post a Comment