Sunday, June 1, 2014

Trip to italy and France

We were able to take the trip of a lifetime to Italy and France. I went with my husband and two oldest daughters.  It was all so wonderful and my family took such good care of me.                                  We started in Venice and ended up in Paris.  Everything looks like it belongs on a postcard. I could spend days showing you what we saw but will post just  few things.
 Not only is the scenery beautiful but I saw designs in so many places.
We visited the Lace Museum in Burano.  It had not only lace but other types of embroidery in the collection. I thought that the Assisi in red and white was a great design.




I really don't have words to express just how beautiful the lace was.









We visited Florence where these doors are located. Then we ended up in Pisa at the leaning tower.





Here is an Urn at the Vatican that had such wonderful carving.




Finally in Paris we visited the Declercq Passementerie shop. They have been making tassels and trims since the 1852. My family made fun of me and the fact that in Paris I wanted to visit needlework related places but I went and had a great time.


I am trying to decide where and how to use some of the designs that I found on the trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment