Friday, December 13, 2019

Within an Oriental Garden

This is the second of the UFO's that I decided to work on. Like the other one, it is by Betty Chen Louis and is called Within an Oriental Garden. The orchid  and cherry blossoms are soft shading and the the background is done with blackwork patterns on a copper painted canvas. I love the way that it turned out but using a sharp needle to pierce the canvas is not a lot of fun but worth it in the end. The green mat works well with the colors of the embroidery and in the room where it is going to hang.
I started it when I took a class from Betty in 1993 but with one thing and another, it got put away in the stack of things that "I want to get back to sometime". Glad it rose to the top of the stack and now I can enjoy looking at it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment