Sunday, April 12, 2020

Boleyn Bloom

My friend and super talented designer has created a piece called Boleyn Bloom. Here is her post about it.

 I, probably like many of you, have been doing my part by staying home, staying safe and staying healthy and feeling quite helpless. I have been working on the instructions for a very pretty embroidered flower, the Boleyn Bloom and trying to think of what I could to do to make a small contribution. It’s a very pretty piece and I have had several inquiries about when it might be available. I will be making the pattern and instructions in PDF form available to anyone who would like to have it. All you have to do is make a donation of any size to your local women’s shelter or food bank and send me an email to say indicate that you have (honour/honor system) and I’ll email the instructions to you. There is a lot of gold and silk in the supply list but I encourage you to substitute things you already have in your house. Remember, stay at home! I’ll be working on a suggested list of threads that you can substitute and it will be included in the PDF. You can contact me at gutterlaneembroidery@gmail.com
 
I had donated, so I let her know and she sent me the PDF of the pattern.
I had most of the threads although I did have to substitute a few of them. 
Here are photos of my work in progress.







Probably the trickiest part was the gold looped border. By the time that I was part way through, I figured out a way that would have worked better but over all I like it.

This is the finished piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment