Friday, June 19, 2020

Copper Butterfly and the angels

I am steadily working on my angels. Faith, Hope and Charity are getting much closer to being finished. I now have just 8 full pages and they are done. I ordered the mat and frame, so they are here and waiting. This is the row with the faces and will make the whole piece come alive.



A while ago I bought some fun fabric. It is a thin layer of cork on a fabric backing. I was not quite sure what I was going to do with it but it was too fun to pass up.  In addition to the copper bugs and butterflies, I wanted to do some copper critters that were a bit bigger and more in a steampunk style. Kind of funky with watch gears and fun to look at.  The cork fabric ended up being the perfect background. It is nice to have stash to draw from.
The Clockwork Butterfly is the first to be finished, although I have other shapes designed. They start with an outline and kind of grow as I stitch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment