Sunday, July 26, 2020

copper critters

When I was purchasing the supplies for the original embroidery of copper bugs and butterflies, I went a bit overboard. I mean how do you know what or even how much you are going to need when you are making it up as you go along? Plus as my grand-daughter puts it "oh shiny". The threads are so much fun to look at and play with that I have a great stash of shades of copper - from rose gold - light to bronze - dark.
We spend a week at the family cabin where I was able to work on them for more hours a day than I usually get to stitch so they progressed nicely. I was missing the final elements for two of them but thought that I had the supplies to finish when I got home. Well, I came home and put the screen on the fish to check the color and decided that bright brass metal screen would not work. So now I have two almost finished designs and nothing to finish them with. Hooray for the internet and the ability to hunt for unique things. I was able to find and order small amount of copper screen to see which was going to work better. When they came, I decided that one size was better for the fish and the other was perfect for the other critter.
I originally thought that I would do 5 critters  and put them in a row but now I an going to add one more and have two rows of three. The first two are finished and posted. The next two are finished and I will post them now. The fifth one is mostly finished and the final one is still in the idea/design stage.
This is the bird that I did. She has some fun techniques but I love the way that her legs turned out.

This is the fish that needed the copper screen for the fins. It was so much fun to do that as I was stitching, I thought, how would it look if I changed this part? So the fish may end up in something else eventually?

No comments:

Post a Comment