Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Red Welch Dragon

Many of my ancestors come from Wales and somehow for me there is a born in fondness for Celtic music and designs. This little dragon was designed by Alison Cole. She had a thistle in the design and although I am also part Scottish, I didn't want to mix the symbols of the countries. Wales has the Red Dragon and also the Leek or the Daffodil and somehow a Leek just didn't work here so it needed the daffodil.

The dragon was fun to do. It is rather 3-D in person. The body is sculpted and one of the wings is a separate piece. Doing tiny flowers in dimensional embroidery can be a challenge but I love the way it turned out.


 

1 comment:

  1. Welsh.

    Welch makes jellys and jams.

    You had me hooked at your first blog post. :-) Loved the Tudor Class!!

    ReplyDelete