Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Hampton Court Palace

 I love the designs of Jenny Adin-Christie. She manages to take threads and wires that are familiar and design with them in such fun and unique ways.  She has a waiting list for her kits that I have a love/hate relationship with. I love it because I can order and she lets me know when they are available; I hate it because I have to wait until she can make up a group of kits. The kits are wonderful and so neatly packaged with labeled bags of the bits and parts. Years ago, before the rest of the world discovered her, I was able to just place an order and get it right away, but I am pleased that she has such great support among embroiderers.

There are always so many fun techniques and surprises in her designs that I try very hard not to alter what she had done. I did make a tiny change to this design. I made the sun face a full circle on my embroidery. She has hers in a box with a rim that cuts off the top of the sun and I didn't want to do that so I just finished it. This is a kit that I have been wanting to do for years.

I do have a book and a kit on order so more wonderful things are coming in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment