Sunday, February 20, 2011

It has been a busy January and February this year. I have made progress on Faith, Hope and Charity. I decided that rather than move the linen to work on the top of the figure, I would do some of the background around the feet. Here is how it looks so far. I find it soothing to just stitch with out a deadline.
For much of my work the stitching is the third part of a process. First is the idea, then comes the design work, the stitching is next and then the hard work of writing the instructions for the pieces. Sometimes one of the hardest parts of designing is thinking up the title. This year for some reason as I thought of the design the title came with it. Here is part of one of them. I love to see how the thought turns into a stitched piece. There are always some surprises along the way.