Monday, May 27, 2019

Home remodeling and Faith Hope and Charity

We have lived in our home for 40 years this month. I don't like to move because we once figured out that I had moved 21 times by the time I was 16 years old. So I am now making the most of  putting down roots and living in one place. Over the years we have slowly redone almost everything in the house and finally it was time to do the bathrooms. Ugh... lots of work but I am pleased with the results so far. We still have bit left to do but the major parts are already done.
I have managed to get a bit of embroidery done but now there will be more time. That is if all of the stars align.....
Over the years I have collected bits and pieces like sinks, light fixtures, and ideas.

We did the upstairs hall first. We found an antique cabinet with mirror and used it with a hammered pewter sink and crystal light fixtures. I rather like the way that the room turned out.




























Second we worked on the master bath. The room started with a glass sink that I bought about 15 years ago, it has gold fish in the bowl.We placed it into a vintage cabinet with a granite top and added oriental touches.










Finally we got to the half bath in the hall. I had some special plans for that room. I bought a dish while on holiday and wanted to use the pale teal and cream colors for the room. Then I found a fabulous idea on Pintrest for a penny floor. We used it on the floor, up the wall  and decided to work in other copper accents and an antique round mirror.


Here is the latest progress on Faith, Hope and Charity. Another full row is finished - only two more to go.





No comments:

Post a Comment