Then I bought copper threads and sequins and beads and copper metal threads and then I bought some more. I have enough copper for several more projects - actually several dozen - some of which I have in mind for later.
I finished all of the critters and framed them together in a mat with nine cut out circles. They were so much fun to do. Sometimes I substituted threads when I didn't have the correct one and for others all I had was an outline and just got to play with metal threads, silk and beads.
Here is the complete set.
There are 4 butterflies, 4 beetles and a single dragonfly.
I figure that all of this embroidery is great practice for the Needlework Casket that I am ever so slowly working on.